Last modified: 2010-11-06 by jarig bakker
Keywords: baden-württemberg | landkreis emmendingen | emmendingen county | coat of arms: parted per pale (bend) | coat of arms: parted per pale (coupeaux) | coat of arms: parted per pale (wing) | coat of arms (baden) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 23rd January 1989, coat-of-arms adopted 4th March 1970
A vertical flag, divided red-yellow. Adopted 23.01.1989, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. An explanation of the arms is at the county website. Arms are taken from Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website, original source of arms is Stadler 1964-1971.
Stefan Schwoon, 7 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on November 5, 1956. The arms are a combination of the arms of Baden, the Lords of Schwarzenberg and the Lords of Üsenberg. The major part of the present county was owned by the Lords of Baden from the 14th century. In Emmendingen they had one of their strongholds. The so-called six-topped mountain, is taken from the arms of the Lords of Schwarzenberg, who were very influential in Elzach and Waldkirch. The wing is taken from the arms of the Lords of Üsenberg who ruled over Endingen, Herbolzheim and Kenzingen. Both the latter areas became Austrian in the early Middle Ages, but the arms of the original rulers were used instead of the Austrian arms (the wing and the Austrian arms are part of the arms of the latter three towns).
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 29 October 2001
by Santiago Dotor
Flag adopted 23rd January 1989