Last modified: 2011-02-25 by editor unassigned
Keywords: schaumburg |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 7 Jan 2008
Flag adopted 15 Jan 1979
Additions : 1978 Schaumburg-Lippe
The arms are taken from the arms of the Counts of Schaumburg, who founded their castle in Schaumburg in the early 12th century. In 1110 they also acquired the County of Holstein. The arms show the typical nettle-leaf used since the 12th century by the Counts.
The new arms were granted on January 15, 1979.
The new arms are slightly changed according to historical arms of Schaumburg.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Linder and Olzog, 1996
Source: Ralf Hartemink.