Last modified: 2011-02-25 by editor unassigned
Keywords: segeberg county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The arms were granted on October 25, 1948.
The church in the arms symbolises the Sigeburg, built by Emperor Lothar in the 12th century after the completion of Christening of the area. The leaves are taken from the arms of the oldest Lords of Segeberg. The small shield shows the arms of the Counts of Schauenburg-Holstein who ruled the area from 1273-1316.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
Source: Ralf Hartemink's site.