Last modified: 2010-03-13 by ivan sache
Keywords: gironde | cross (white) | ares | hourtin-medoc | bourg-sur-gironde | letters: cvhm (red) | star (red) | letters: cnb (red) | verdon-sur-mer (le) | letters: cnv (white) | taussat-cassy | cross: saltire (white) | pauillac |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Burgee of CNV - Image by Ivan Sache, 22 May 2006
Le Verdon-sur-Mer (1,300 inhabitants) is located near the Pointe de Grave, which constitutes the northern end of the region of Médoc. Being located on the mouth of Gironde, the big estuary made by the confluency of rivers Garonne and Dordogne, Le Verdon is the outer harbour of Bordeaux, especially for oil products.
The burgee of CNV is horizontally divided blue-red with the white letters "CNV" all over.
Source: CNV website
Ivan Sache, 22 May 2002
Burgee of CNB - Image by Ivan Sache, 27 December 2005
The name of Bourg-sur-Gironde recalls that the village was in the past located on the Gironde, the big estuary made by the confluency of the Garonne and the Dordogne. It is today located on the right, northern bank of the Dordogne, 25 km north of Bordeaux and facing the Bec d'Ambès, the point of land separating the Garonne and the Dordogne.
Club Nautique Bourquais (CNB) was founded in 1936 by yachtmen and
fishers from Bourg-sur-Gironde. CNB is one of the oldest yacht clubs in
Aquitaine and the seventh oldest in the department of Gironde. It joined
the French Federation of Yachting in 1948. The CNB is one of the only
yacht clubs in France to own and manage its port.
The burgee of CNB is blue with a thin white horizontal stripe, a red star in canton and the red letters "CNB" in the white stripe.
Source: CNB website
Ivan Sache, 27 December 2005
Burgee of CNA - Image by Ivan Sache, 2 June 2009
The town of Arès is located on the Basin of Arcachon, south-west of Bordeaux.
Mostly involved in racing, Club Nautique d'Arès (CNA) also owns a
pinasse, a traditional boat of the Basin of Arcachon; named Petit
Cailloc, the boat represents the town of Arès in pinasses' regattas organized on the basin.
The burgee of CNA, as shown graphically on the club website, is horizontally divided white-blue-white with the letters "C", "N" and "A", countercoloured, placed near the hoist.
Source: CNA website
Ivan Sache, 2 June 2009
Flag of CNTC - Image by Ivan Sache, 2 June 2009
Club Nautique Taussat-Cassy (CNTC) is based at the Vieux Port of
Taussat, in the Basin of Arcachon. Taussat and Cassy are two neighbour
villages, both parts of the municipality of Lanton, located near
The flag of CNTC, as shown graphically on the club website as part of the club emblem, is red, quartered by a thin white saltire and with the white letters "C", "N", "C" and "T" in the respective quarters.
Source: CNTC website (no longer online)
Ivan Sache, 2 June 2009
Burgee of CVHM - Image by Ivan Sache, 17 May 2001
Hourtin is a town of ca. 3,600 inhabitants located on the eastern shore of the Lake of Hourtin-Carcans. Médoc is one of the most famous producing area of Bordeaux wines.
The burgee of CVHM is white with a red-white-blue-border and the red letters "CVHM".
Source: CVHM website
Ivan Sache, 17 May 2001
Burgee of VCNP - Image by Ivan Sache, 19 December 2009
The municipality of Paillac (5,291 inhabitants in 2006; 2,274 ha) is
located in the wine-growing region of Médoc (Château Lafite
Rothschild, Château Latour and Château Mouton Rothschild are located in Pauillac), on the left bank of the Gironde estuary, 50 km north of Bordeaux.
A stele in the port of Pauillac recalls that on 25 March 1777, Marquis of Lafayette left France on the Victoire to help the American insurgents. Subsequently, the transatlantic liners sailing to South America left France from Pauillac.
Voile et Cercle Nautique de Pauillac was registered on 18 January
1936 as the merger of Voiles de Pauilla", founded in 1872, and
Cercle Nautique de Pauillac, founded in 1886.
At the end of the 19th century, Pauillac was a place of leisure for the wine aristocrats and the English colony of Bordeaux. The main event of the yachting season was the Whit Regatta, organized for 15-30 m cutters. On Saturday, the boats sailed on the failing tide from Bordeaux to Pauillac; on Sunday, they sailed to Pointe de Grave and overnighted in the port of Le Verdon, sailing back to Pauillac on Monday for a colourful closing ceremony. Among the famous yachtmen were the Johnstone, sailing on the Tourlinguet, who used to send their whole set of sails to Bristol for revamping after each regatta. The Pauillac regatta were so important locally that the parish priest used to announce the next Sundays as "the 2nd, ..., 7th, ..., 11th, ..., 13th Sunday after the regatta".
(After Bernard Ginestet, Pauillac, Nathan)
The burgee of VCNP, as shown graphically on the VCNP website, is horizontally divided white-blue with a red disk in the middle.