Last modified: 2011-03-18 by ivan sache
Keywords: kaspi | cross (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag and arms of Kaspi - Images communicated by The State Council of Heraldry at the Parliament of Georgia, 25 January 2011
The municipality of Kaspi (15,200 inhabitants in 2002) is located in the Shida Kartli Region (eastern Georgia), serving as the center of the Kaspi District. Founded in the early Middle Ages, the town turned into possession of the Amilakhvari noble family in the 15th century. Kaspi officially acquired a municipal status in 1959.
Jens Pattke, 31 July 2010
The flag and arms of Kaspi are prescribed by Decree No. 35, adopted on 29 December 2009 by the Municipal Council.
The State Council of Heraldry at the Parliament of Georgia, 25 January 2011
The flag is red with a yellow winged beast and a yellow cross with bended horizontal arms placed in canton.
The flag must have been derived from the municipal coat of arms, "Gules a winged beast or ensigned by a cross of the same. The shield surmounted by a three-towered mural crown argent fimbriated sable. Under the shield a scroll argent fimbriated sable charged with the name of the town in Georgian capital letters sable".
Ivan Sache, 31 July 2010