Last modified: 2011-08-20 by ivan sache
Keywords: tuhelj | crown (yellow) | stars: 12 (yellow) | drops: 3 (blue) | obelisk | kumrovec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Tuhelj - Image by Željko Heimer, 26 June 2004
The municipality of Tuhelj is situated about 25 km north-west of Zagreb and 15 km south-west of Krapina to the Slovenian border on river Sutla. Population is about 2,500 (about 4,000 before 1997 and the secession of Kumrovec), only somewhat over 200 in the vilage of the same name. The neighboriing village of Tuheljske Toplice is much more known as a spa site and therefore a tourist center of the municipality.
Željko Heimer, 4 November 2007
The symbols of Tuhelj are preescribed in Decision Odluka o grbu i zastavi Općine Tuhelj, adopted on 18 June 2004 by the Municipality Assembly and published on 12 July 2004 in the County official gazette Službeni glasnik Krapinsko-zagorske županije, No. 9.
The flag is blue with the coat of arms, bordered yellow, in the middle.
The symbols were designed by the Heraldic Art d.o.o. company, from Rijeka.
Željko Heimer, 4 November 2007
Coat of arms of Tuhelj - Image by Željko Heimer, 26 June 2004
The coat of arms of Tuhelj is "Azure an Imperial crown or between twelve stars in an annulet and in a chief argent three gouttes de larmes".
The crown is that from the statue of Mary, patron of the municipality, to whom the ring of stars also refers. The water drops symbolize the thermal spa for which Tuhelj is famous.
Željko Heimer, 26 June 2004
Ceremonial flag of Tuhelj - Image by Željko Heimer, 1 November 2007
Heraldic Art d.o.o. material shows some table flags of their production, among them a table flag of Tuhelj. This should be indicative on the ceremonial flag, although not in all cases the table and the ceremonial flag have entirely equal design.
Željko Heimer, 1 November 2007
Former arms of Tuhelj - Images by Željko Heimer, 26 June 2004
Before the adoption of the toaday's coat of arms, probably since the early 1990s, Tuhelj used an other, coat-or-arms-like emblem, the shield divided into three fields in inverted pairle of red, white and blue with a green chief, and overall pictured the obelisk of the monument to the Croatian anthem erected on the site where the song was written. Contrary to what one may thing at first, this is not a site with a wide picturesque view of the country, but rather a small wooded closed valley with the Sutla river flowing though it, a peaceful and pleasant spot in the summer months. When Kumrovec seceededd from Tuhelj in 1997, the site was left in it. Therefore Tuhelj abandoned the use of that emblem and was, apparently, not using anything until the adoption of the new symbols in 2004.
Željko Heimer & Tomislav Šipek, 22 June 2004
The flag of KU Gromovi Zagorka is shown on the association's website.
They use kubura, a name of Turkish origin meaning "holster", here muzzle-loading, single shot, percussion, holster pistols (such "holster" pistols being normally sold in pairs with the holsters being attached to a horse's saddle). Percussion caps date a single shot pistol from roughly 1820 - 1855.
Željko Heimer & Christopher Southworth, 19 July 2008