Last modified: 2010-04-16 by dov gutterman
Keywords: tamar | regional council | mo'atza ezorit tamar | palm tree | text: hebrew (brown) | text: hebrew (orange) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Regional Council of Tamar (meaning palm tree, which
is common in the area) is situated in the SW shore of the Dead
Sea, North Arava valley, south Juda Desert and the NE Negev
region. Est. 1956 with 1,300 inh. in 6 settlements and a
fieldschool. The above image is based on the desk flag of the
Regional Council and there could be changes when it is used as a
hoisted flag. The municipal emblem has not been published in the
official gazette (Rashumot) and is thus unofficial.
Source: photo of the desk flag received from Ralph Phillips.
Dov Gutterman, 10 November 2001
Regional Council of Tamar was decreed on 24 May 1956 and it
govern the communities of:
1) Ein Gedi (Kibbutz, est. 1956. Homepage at <www.ein-gedi.co.il> )
2) Ne'ot Ha'Kikar (Moshav, est. 1959)
3) Ein Gedi Field School of the Nature Presarvation Society (Fieldschool and Hostel, est. 1959).
4) Ein Hatzeva (Moshav. est. 1960)
5) Neve Zohar (Community, est. 1972)
6) Ein Tamar (Moshav, est. 1982
7) Har Amsa (Kibbutz, est. 1984).
Dov Gutterman, 8 May 2005
According the photos at the municipal website,
Regional Council of Tamar got at least two variants,
orange (black emblem) and yellow (green emblem). There could be
Dov Gutterman, 11 July 2007
image by Dov Gutterman