Last modified: 2011-02-05 by editor unassigned
Keywords: klembow |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Arms adopted on June 24, 2003 (resolution # IX/56/2003).
Flag adopted some time in 2006.
"Arms: main charge of Klembów's Arms is a Polish heraldic figure "Rosochacz"
(and because it's wavy, so it is called further: "Rosochacz falisty")
resembling the letter "Y". Above it are three golden oak leaves; on the
right of it is a silver column and on the left a golden horseshoe with
a silver cavalier cross inside.
The background of the shield is green.
(NB: The heraldic term "Rosochacz" is as much un-translatable as "Rogacina").
The "rosochacz falisty" is symbolizing the local rivers: Rządza
and Cienka; the oak leaves - Dębin Nature Reserve on the territory of the
commune; the crowned column comes from the Coat of Arms of Klembowski family, first
owners of these lands; the horseshoe with the cross is a noble Coat of Arms "Jastrzębiec"
belonging to the Żymirski
family who also owned Klembów and surrounding villages. One of the Żymirskis was Brig.Gen.Franciszek Żymirski, a hero of the November Uprising of 1830.
Flag: a rectangle composed of three equal horizontal bands: yellow-green-yellow,
with the white triangle superimpossed over all three bands in the right
half (fly) part of the flag."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 12 Dec 2008