Last modified: 2008-12-26 by eugene ipavec
Keywords: castile and leon | avila | san lorenzo de tormes |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
According to "AvilaRed", 4 February 2007, Mayor José Manuel Gómez announced the revamping of the flag and arms of the municipality of San Lorenzo de Tormes. The flag and arms represent indeed the two villages of San Lorenzo de Tormes and Vallehondo, located 3 km away, where more than 50% of the inhabitants of the municipality live. According to the historian and designer of the arms, Félix Martínez, the design of the arms used two basic elements, "a gril representing San Lorenzo and the river Tormes representing Vallehondo, which is surrounded by the river".
San Lorenzo de Tormes (54 inhabitants - but 527 in 1900, 252 in 1970 and 120 in 1981; 1,400 sq. km; 1,034 m a.s.l.) is located in the Comarca of El Barco de Ávila-Piedrahita, Province of Ávila, Castilie and Leon, 75 km south-west of Ávila.
The flag is not described in the source.
Ivan Sache, 05 Feb 2007
The usual attribute for St. Lawrence, the tool of his martyrdom. Also at si-167.html#tow, ch-fr222.html, be-vanml.html, hu-gm-gs.html, si-042.html, mt-54.html and probably more.
António Martins-Tuválkin, 05 Feb 2007Mostbet