This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
WHAT IS A VEXILLOLOGIST?
Last modified: 2023-07-03 by rob raeside
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Peter Orenski is currently conducting research on the meaning of the term vexillologist. The word has been in use for nearly 50 years, and we wish to discover just how it is being used. Please consider completing the survey below to assist us in our task.
- What does the term 'vexillologist' mean to you?
- Do you consider yourself a vexillologist? Please explain your answer briefly.
- What are your main flag activities? (check as many as apply):
- Collector (flags, books, flag souvenirs, etc.)
- Research on various flag topics
- Member of a subscription-based flag organization
- Member of a flag discussion group
- Sell flags & flag-related items
- Write articles/books on flag topics
- Other, please specify
- How and when (to the best of your memory!) did you first encounter the term vexillology?
- Please feel free to add any other thoughts you have on the subject of vexillology.
- Your answers will provide material for a paper evaluating the current status of flag-related activities and interests. You are welcome to a copy of the finished paper, prepared for NAVA’s 2005 annual convention – please supply a suitable address, either electronic or physical.
- Would like your contribution specifically acknowledged? Please grant me permission to do so. Otherwise, any quotations will be attributed to “FOTW Survey respondent.”
- For matters relating to this survey, you may contact me in the manner most convenient to you:
Snail mail: Peter Orenski, 101 Belair Drive, New Milford CT, 06776, USA.
With anticipated thanks!
Red dog casino