This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Neusiedl am See, Burgenland (Austria)
Last modified: 2004-08-14 by
Keywords: neusiedl am see | burgenland | municipality: austria | bicolour: green-white |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Until 1920 Neusiedl am See was part of Moson county in Hungary, and called Nezsider. From 1920-1938 it was in Burgenland, Austria, from 1938-1945 in Ostmark, Germany, and 1945-now in Burgenland, Austria. Its Croatian name is Niuzalj. The settlement became a town in 1926.
The Town Flag Stadtfarben in 1926 was devised green and white. The coat of arms is shown and described in the web page (in German).
István Molnár, 6 March 2002