This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Itaporã , Mato Grosso do Sul (Brazil)
Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: brazil | mato grosso do sul | itapora | gyronny (16) | diamond | arrow | horn (hunting) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
by Joseph McMillan
About the Flag of Itaporã
The flag was designed by Cícero Pedro Leão and adopted 10 December 1977; revised by Professor Arcinóe Antônio Peixoto de Faria. As usual, the coat of arms represents the municipal government, the white circle the city itself as seat of the municipality, the yellow rays the radiation of municipal authority throughout the municipal territory, and the green field the rural areas of the municipality. Color symbolism is given as:
The coat of arms is green with a white jewel above a white barrulet wavy; in base two hunting horns above two crossed arrows, all gold. Shield flanked by black smoking chimneys with yellow anvils and hammers at their bases, surrounded by sheaves of bean, soy, wheat and coffee. The scroll is inscribed "ITAPORÃ" flanked by the date "10-12-1953," when Itaporã gained its municipal status. The wavy bar is for the Rio Brilhante, while the jewel is a canting charge representing the Tupi-Guarani' name Ita (stone) porã (beautiful). The name is believed to have originated from the diamonds present in the Rio Brilhante and its tributaries. The hunting horns are for livestock raising and the arrows for the Indian village where the municipality now stands.
- white--peace, amity, labor, prosperity, purity, and religiousness
- yellow--glory, splendor, greatness, wealth, and sovereignty
- green--honor, civility, joy, abundance, and hope.
Joseph McMillan, 2 July 2002
Red dog casino