mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Rio Pardo, Rio Grande do Sul(Brazil)

Last modified: 2002-03-23 by
Keywords: brazil | rio grande do sul | rio pardo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors



Rio Pardo, RS (Brazil)by Pascal Gross

See also:

About the Flag of Rio Pardo

Source: Official municipal website. Coat of arms at the same page. Not to be confused with São José do Rio Pardo in the State of São Paulo.
Dov Gutterman, 12 June 2000

From the municipal website:

The flag of Rio Pardo was created by Law no. 30 of 2 December 1957, approved by Prefect Fernando Wunderlich. It is formed by a rectangle divided into two adjoining fields, separated diagonally. The lower is green and the other yellow, having, in the center, the municipal coat of arms.

The coat of arms was created by law no. 105 of 18 September 1954, signed by Prefect Faustino Teixeira de Oliveira. It has three stripes: the first, of blue, has a fortress, recalling Fort Jesus Mary Joseph; the second, red, a dragon representing the Rio Pardo Dragoons Regiment; the third, golden, the Ave Maria emblem and a rosary, homage to Our Lady of the Rosary, patroness of Rio Pardo. Above the stripes is a silver [mural] crown of five towers, and below it, in gold letters on a red scroll the motto "Tranqueira invicta."
Translated by Joseph McMillan, 7 July 2001

Mostbet