Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: brazil | santa catarina | gaspar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
by Joseph McMillan
The flag of Gaspar is a vertical triband, yellow-white-yellow, with the municipal coat of arms on the center. The yellow stripes stand for gold and the white for peace. The coat of arms was adopted by municipal law no. 160 of 23 December 1959. The keys in dexter chief are for St. Peter the Apostle, patron of the original parish, the blue bend sinister represents the Rio Itajaí Açu cutting across the municipality, and the factory in sinister base is for industry. The green field of the shield is for the lushness of the fields and agricultural abundance. The shield is surrounded by branches of rice and sugar cane. The scroll is inscribed with the name of the municipality flanked by the dates of the founding of the settlement of São Pedro Apóstolo (1861) and of the creation of the municipality (1934).
Source: Official municipal website (the flag is no longer on this page, unfortunately).
Joseph McMillan, 15 August 2002