Last modified: 2003-09-06 by
Keywords: sao paulo | taquaratinga | band: diagonal (white) | crown: royal | coffee | bamboo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
by Joseph McMillan
Adopted 10 October 1956
Municipal law 196 of 10 October 1956 ordered the adoption of the municipal flag in which the color white symbolizes peace and green, hope, faith, and agriculture. A white stripe crosses the field from upper left to lower right, with green on either side. In the center, on the white stripe, is a royal crown, chased with pearls and lined with purple [shown red in the image on the municipal website], recalling the Monarchist revolution of 1822. The crown is surrounded by a coffee branch and a stalk of taquara, a type of bamboo for which the city is named.
Source: Official website of the municipal chamber
André Pires Godinho, and Joseph McMillan, 22 and 25 March 2003