Last modified: 2005-12-17 by phil nelson
Keywords: alberta | canada | historical flags (alberta) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Martin Grieve
The Lt-Governor's flag could have come into use after the arms, shield only, were granted 30 May 1907. However the shield was not shown as a badge in the Admiralty Flag Book, and according to Fraser in Flags of Canada it was probably not used on land until about 1965. The current flag which replaced it was approved 26 September 1981. The arms were augmented with crest, supporters, motto etc., 30 July 1980, the 75th anniversary of the creation of the province.
David Prothero, 8 November 2002