mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Pančevo (Municipality, Serbia and Montenegro [Serbia])

Last modified: 2004-11-06 by
Keywords: pancevo | pancsova | pantschowa |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


History of Pančevo

Pančevo (Hungarian, Pancsova ; German, Pantschowa ; Romanian, Panciova) is a town and district in Vojvodina, close to Belgrade, on the left bank of the Danube. The town has got 72,717 inhabitants (1990 census).

The 1910 population census yielded 20,808 inhabitants, divided as follows:

From 1918/1920 (Declaration of Novi Sad /Treaty of Trianon) to 1941, the city was incorporated to Yugoslavia. In 1941, the area was occupied and annexed by Germany. The Treaty of Paris reallocated it to Yugoslavia in 1947.

István Molnár, 9 October 2000


Flag of Pančevo (Pancsova) in Austro-Hungarian Empire

[Pancevo, 1941-1947]by István Molnár

Source: Sándor Széll. Városaink neve, címere és lobogója [szs41].

István Molnár, 24 September 2002

Mostbet Betwinner