Last modified: 2001-11-16 by
Keywords: horovice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
The flag of Hořovice is derived from its CoA. It was owned by the lords of Žerotín on the turn of the 13 thand the 14 th century. Since 1390 King Václav IV owned Hořovice castle. Later he build another near castle called "Točník". These families are shown on the town's crest. One half of it is a Žerotín´s eagle and on the other half there are three beams - one blue and two silver - which are the colours of the Luxemburgs. Source: this website.
Jarig Bakker, 9 Nov 2001