This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Jirikovice (Czech Republic)
Brno-venkov okres, South Moravian Region
Last modified: 2004-06-12 by
Keywords: jirikovice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 17 Aug 2002
adopted 5 Apr 2001
Jiříkovice municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2001) - Jiříkovice, Brno-venkov district, South Moravian region - adopted 5 Apr 2001.
The town of Jiříkovice is situated southeast of Brno. The first written information concerning its existence dates back to 1264, when Bishop Bruno granted a part of it as a feudal holding to Konrád de Huscário. Up until the 14th century, there were two estates and one mill. The castle estate Jiříkovice is mentioned for the first time in 1406. From the 15th century on, the village was the property of the Svojkovský family, the successors of which owned it until the defeat of the Insurrection of the Czech Estates. Due to the fact that they were not Catholic, they were deprived of their right to own property and were forced to leave the country. In the 17th century Jiříkovice was divided into three parts, each of which belonged to a different owner. The first part was independent and was known as the Jiříkovice Estate. The second part of the town belonged to Brno's St. Anna Convent, which was also an extensive landowner in neighboring Blažovice. The third part of the town belonged to the Sokolnice Estate. Each of these domains had its own separate seal. Jiříkovice was situated in the area which later became the scene of the "Battle of the Three Emperors," which was fought in Slavkov on 2 December 1805.
Source: pupils of the Slapanice gymnasium.
Jarig Bakker, 18 Jan 2004
Jiříkovice CoA from this site.