This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
AndelskŠ Hora (Czech Republic)
BruntŠl okres, Moravosilesian Region
Last modified: 2004-02-07 by
Keywords: andelska hora |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 7 Sep 2002
adopted 7 May 1997
AndžlskŠ Hora flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologickż Lexikon prapory obcŪ »R (1997) - AndžlskŠ Hora, BruntŠl district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 7 May 1997. Its CoA is at this webpage, where we read that the number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000 was 396. AndžlskŠ Hora was founded as a mining town by Jan starĻŪ BruntŠlskż from Vrbno about 1540. The first written trace dated back to 1550. Gold was mined there. Later, flax growing was started and weaving started developing. In 1642 the town was burnt down to the ground. In the first half of the 18th century the gold mining was stopped. Eduard SchŲn-Englsberg, regional composer, lived and died there. After World War II, German population was displaced from AndžlskŠ Hora. In the 60s AndžlskŠ Hora was integrated with another village - SvžtlŠ Hora. In 1990 AndžlskŠ Hora regained independence. The village is a resort spot now.
Jarig Bakker, 7 Sep 2002
AndžlskŠ Hora CoA image from this webpage.