mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Brno-Bosonohy (Czech Republic)

Brno-mesto okres, South Moravian Region

Last modified: 2002-04-06 by
Keywords: brno-bosonohy | man's leg |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors




This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts See also:

 

Brno-Bosonohy flag

[Brno-Bosonohy flag] by Phil Nelson, 13 Apr 2000, from the Brno-Bosonohy website, found by Jarig Bakker, 13 Apr 2000

Brno - Bosonohy is a western suburb of Brno. The Flag of Bosonohy is of a rectangular shape with the sides in tratio 2 to 3. The field of the flag is composed of three transverse stripes of the same width and of blue - white- blue colours. The flag comprises only two colours - blue and white. The author of the graphic outlook of the flag is Dr. Ivan Kolácný.

History: Originally the monarch´s village was ceded to Saint Peter´s Church in Brno by King Wenceslas I in 1237. Since 1259 it was administered by the Cistercian Convent in Tišnov. After cancellation of the convent in 1872 it was under the state administration, after that it became a property of the Lords of Munda and consequently became a part of Veveří dominion. In 1971 it became a part of Brno City, since 1990 it has been a municipal district.
From the Brno-Bosonohy website, found by Jarig Bakker, 13 Apr 2000


Brno-Bosonohy Coat of Arms

[Brno-Bosohony Coat of Arms] From the Brno-Bosonohy website, found by Jarig Bakker, 13 Apr 2000

The coat of arms of the district draws on a preserved print of the original seal. On a blue Gothic shield a bare foot can be seen which allegedly gave rise to the district´s name and two grapes of vine, which used to be  grown on the slopes surrounding the district since time immemorial. The graphic image of the coat of arms was designed by the architect Jan Rajlich and the symbol was officially approved in 1991.
From the Brno-Bosonohy website, found by Jarig Bakker, 13 Apr 2000


Mostbet