This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Okrouhla, Czech Republic
Cheb okres, Karlovy Vary region
Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: okrouhla |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO-8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 22 Apr 2004
adopted 14 Mar 2002
Okrouhlá municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2002) - Okrouhlá, Cheb district, Karlovy Vary region - adopted 14 Mar 2002.
The first written record of Okrouhlá dates as early as 1294. One of the first owners of the village was Konrad Paulsdorfer (1299). In the 14th century the village was governed by the middle-class town-dweller Fenkel, however he had to leave in 1361 because of high debts. The village of Okrouhlá was bought by the family of Einsedles. During the Hussite wars between 1421 and 1446 it was governed by the families of Junckers and Rudischs. Along with Okrouhlá they owned the neighbouring village of Uval and two courts in Jesenice and Trpes. The fortress is first mentioned in the 15th century. In 1450 it was burned along with the whole village by the military forces of Jiri from Podebrady. Later on the fortress was restored. In 1560 the local dominion was bought by the family of Kramers from Podebrady. The village suffered during the 30 year war - e.g. in 1625 two farms were burned by military forces of Valdstejn. Among other owners let us mention e.g. the family of Schmiedls from Ostroh and Christof Muck from Vokov who owned the village since 1799 and founded the local part called New Court. The last reconstruction of the fortress has been undertaken in 1888 by Karl Haberzettl - architect from Cheb. He transformed the fortress into a chateau, which preserved its shape till the present time. The village of Okrouhla exists as an independent municipality since 1903. The last owner of the dominion was a German Kurt Oehmichen before the World War II..
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Apr 2004
Red dog casino