This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Dobrá (Czech Republic)
Frýdek-Místek okres, Moravosilesian Region
Last modified: 2004-02-07 by
Keywords: dobra |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 8 Mar 2002
adopted 13 Feb 1996
Dobrá municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1996) - Dobrá, Frýdek-Místek, Moravosilesian region in Czechia. Flag adopted 13 Feb 1996.
Dobrá is a municipality with (31-12-2000) 2971 inhabitants. The first trace of this village dated back to 1305. Several old wooden buildings, one-time mill and mansion yard with granary have been preserved up till now. The church canonised to St.George (kostel sv.Jiří) ranks amongst cultural sights too. The church was originally wooden. In 1782 the village was a centre of Silesian uprising. The village prides itself on visit of Emperor Josef II (1766) and Tzar Alexander (1818). In 1888 the railway line passing through the village was completed. The first plant founded there produced fabrics.
Jarig Bakker, 16 Apr 2002
Dobrá CoA image from this website, located by Jarig Bakker, 16 Apr 2002