Last modified: 2004-01-17 by
Keywords: sobesovice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Image after Per Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1991-1994) - flag adopted 2 Sep 1994
Number of inhabitants by 1.1. 2002: 811. The village was mentioned as early as in 1305 in a list of tithes for the Episcopate of Wroclav. Originally, the village was located along banks of the Lučina river. In the 1950s the Žermanice reservoir was built and much changed. The old centre of the village, including tens of houses, church, cemetery, school and farms, were demolished and flooded with water. Now, the village is situated only on the right-hand bank of the river. Since a number of well equipped leisure-time facilities and centres were built, the rural village has changed into a resort spot.
Jarig Bakker, 18 Oct 2002