Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: vendryne |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Number of inhabitants by 1 Jan 2002: 3863. Vendryně was first mentioned in 1305 in a list of tithe paid to the Episcopy of Wroclaw. The village was mostly owned by the Principality of Těšín. The present village was formed by connecting several parts. The core of the village was located above the Vendrynka stream. Then, old settlements (Lideřov and Rybořovice) joined the village. In 1592 Kašpar Borek built an inn in Vendryně and tapped there his own beer. The area of Vendryně is 20,095 km2. Within integration in 1980 the village became a part of Třinec. On 1 January 1995 Vendryně regained independence. Source: This website.
Jarig Bakker, 24 Nov 2002