This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Archlebov (Czech Republic)
Hodonin okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2004-07-10 by
Keywords: archlebov |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 22 May 2002
adopted 22 Jan 2001
Archlebov municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2001) - Archlebov, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 22 Jan 2001.
911 inhabitants - The oldest reference of the village dates back to 1349, in 1437 it became a town, in possession of the Ždánice domain in the 16th century. A chapel was build in 1447 near a stronghold and farmstead. A rustic Baroque parish church dedicated to St. Rochus and Sebastian was built at the place of former chapel in 1729-31. The church is complemented by a wall all around, Baroque Calvary consisting of holy rood, statues of the Virgin and St. John. A small monument of architecture with a statue of St. Jan Nepomucký dating back to the 18th century can be found at the village green. Old traditions and customs slowly revive. There are about 200 folk costumes preserved and occasionally used in the village. Well-known tradition is local colouring eggs as well as advanced viniculture
Source: Hodonin district.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jan 2004
Archlebov CoA from this site.