This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Blatnicka (Czech Republic)
Hodonin okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2004-10-30 by
Keywords: blatnicka |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 5 Oct 2004
adopted 21 Jun 1999
Blatnička municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1999) - Blatnička, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 21 Jun 1999.
Blatnička has its flag and CoA depicted on this webpage. The flag consists of three vertical stripes white - green - yellow, proportioned 1:2:1, with on the middle stripe a scythe and reek crossed, probably signifying Blatnička's importance in hay-making.
486 inhabitants - The oldest reference to the village located at the foot of the White Carpathian Mountains dates back to 1362. The village was ownership of Ostroh domain. Development of viticulture, cultivation of grain and fish breeding became a rich source of wealth in the 16th century. Blatnička was destroyed several times by invasions of Hungarian and Turkish armies and burnt down in 1663. The places of historical interest are represented by a chapel from 1866 and Our Lady´s Ascension church built between 1935 and 1938.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 5 Oct 2004
Blatnička CoA image from this webpage.