This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Luzice (Czech Republic)
Hodonin okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: luzice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 26 Oct 2004
adopted 27 Apr 1999
Lužice municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1999) - Lužice, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 27 Apr 1999.
2 707 inhabitants; The first written mention dates back to the middle of the 13th century when the village was in proprietorship of the monastery in Velehrad. The village was bought by Vilém from Potštejn in 1359. The medieval yeoman stronghold was destroyed at the end of the 14th century. Lužice belonged to Hodonín domain from 1511. In 1604 the village got its own seal, however it was plundered several times during Thirty Years´ War. Between 1840 and 1931 there were important brown coal mines, 1870 - 1933 glassworks, oil mining at present. A St. Cyril and Method church from 1874 is a dominant of the village.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 26 Oct 2004
Lužice CoA from this site.
Red dog casino