This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Sardice (Czech Republic)
Hodonin okres, South Moravian Region
Last modified: 2004-01-17 by
Keywords: sardice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 4 Jan 2004
adopted 9 Dec 2002
Šardice municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2002) - Šardice, Hodonin district, South Moravian region - adopted 9 Dec 2002.
CoA and flag are also to be admired at this website.
The CoA is: right blue with a branch with two leaves and two bunches of grapes, all yellow; left top red with a white vine-cutting knife; bottom white with two black crossed hammers.
The flag is vertical blue - white - red proportioned 2:1:1 (nearly French Presidential style), with on blue a branch with two leaves and two bunches of grapes, all yellow.
2 170 inhabitants. First written reference from 1286. From 1376 the village belonged to Augustinians from Brno. Late Baroque church of St. Michael, late baroque chapel and Calvary. Representative seat of the Augustinians - residence from 1742. Gregory Mendel, founder of genetics lived there. Lignite was mined here for 150 years, in 1992 the mines were closed. Wine growing, rich folklore and cultural tradition. Folklore group, dulcimer group, brass band Mladá muzika, brass band Šardičanka - 40 years of existence. Village feast in folk costumes. Stone of conciliation from 1605 to the memory of Burian killed during forays of the Bočkajs.
Information from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 4 Jan 2004
Šardice CoA from this website.