This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Zdánice (Czech Republic)
Hodonin okres, South Moravian Region
Last modified: 2004-08-14 by
Keywords: zdanice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 21 Apr 2002
adopted 13 Feb 1996
Ždánice municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1996) - Ždánice, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 13 Feb 1996.
2 783 inhabitants. A town in the south part of the Ždánický les. Already in the14th century a centre of the region of the Ždánický les and the Chřiby forest ranges. A fortified stronghold was built in 1497 - 1544, in 1569 it was rebuilt by Oldřich of Kounice into a Renaissance castle, that is now in private ownership. In the castle park - a villa of Laudon - Biedermeier style -
from the beginning of the century. Old town hall - the first reference from 1565. Early Baroque church of the Assumption of the Virgin from 1700. Traditional "emperor´s" feast. Male choir in folk costumes, dulcimer group,amateur theatre ensemble - IAS, workshop of black pottery.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Apr 2002
Ždánice CoA by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 21 Apr 2002 after image from this webpage.