Last modified: 2001-09-14 by
Keywords: hostomice | lion |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
The oldest document related to Hostomice dates from May 1343 when the Hostomice residents got confirmation of their existing privileges. When establishing the Karlštejn Deanery, emperor Charles IV attached Hostomice to his Karlštejn dominion and granted it the title of royal protective little town". The oldest seals of Hostomice already use the Czech royal lion sign. When Hostomice was promoted to a town by emperor Charles IV in November 1738, this sign was officially proclaimed as Hostomices own. In June 1992, the Parliamentary Board of the Czech Republic approved the May proposal of the Czech Government and restored Hostomices town status. In June 1995, the town had its flag approved and assigned. Hostomice is situated in a large valley in the middle of the roads between Příbram and Beroun and Dobříš and Hořovice and it is an ideal starting point for trips to the ridges of the Brdy mountain range. Along with the communities of Radouš, Bezdědice and Lštějň its total population is about 1600 people. Flag, adopted 19 Jun 1995, and info are on the Hostomice website.
Dov Gutterman, 4 Mar 2000.