Last modified: 2001-10-24 by
Keywords: ostruzna |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Ostružná , founded in 1561, lies on the railway line from Hanušovice to Jeseník, 700 - 950 m above sea level. The name Ostružná comes from mining spars, in German "Sparrenhau". The name arose from an incorrect translation of the dialectic word "Spornhau", and the Czech translation of "Sporn" is "ostruha" (spur). The village consists of the parts Ramzová and Petříkov. Ostružná, with its parts Ramzová and Petříkov and its terrain and partly north-facing slopes, is a popular recreational centre for both summer, and particularly, winter recreation not only for Czech visitors but also for those from Germany, Poland, Holland. It is the biggest recreational centre in the Jeseník region, with 157 inhabitants.
Info from this webpage.
Jarig Bakker, 19 Oct 2001