Last modified: 2002-04-26 by
Keywords: pribor |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Number of inhabitants by 31.12.2000: 8946. P°Ýbor was founded in the first half of the 13th century. The first written trace of the town can be found in the Deed written by Margrave P°emysl (P°emysl Otakar II) in 1251. The Deed also mentioned existence of a church. In 1389 P°Ýbor was given first privileges: right of escheat and right of fortification. The townhall was first mentioned in 1564. In 1617, Cardinal Dietrichstein gave to P°Ýbor numerous privileges and included some new items into the town park. In 1694 Piarist grammar school was founded. In 1785 a post office was opened. In 1875 Educational Institute was founded. In 1902 Superior Land Realschule was founded (later, Realgymnasium was opened there). On 6 May 1856 Prof.MUDr Sigmund Freud, founder of psycho-analysis, was born in P°Ýbor. On 1 June 1989 P°Ýbor was named Municipal National Reserve.
Jarig Bakker, 20 Apr 2002