Last modified: 2002-05-31 by
Keywords: stitina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 1179. Originally, Štítina was the name of the castle only. The name of the village was Troubky. The first written trace dated back to 1282. The oldest owners, their names we know, were lords from Kravaře. After 1370 owners changed often (family of Lichnovský, Chorynský, from 1837 to 1920 the village was in possession of Order of German Knights). In World War II there was a big tank battle in April 1945.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2002.