Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: stepankovice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 3070. The first written trace of the village dated back to 1265. In 1330 the village became possession of St.Klara Monastery in Opava. In 1528 the village became possession of Jan and Vavřinec from Drahotuše na Benešově. In 1619 Štěpánkovice was included in Kobeřice. Since 1712 the village was in possession of the family of Lichnovský. In 1756 a church was built. In 1792 a school was built. In 1818 a court named Hilvetinov (Albertovec, now) was founded. In 1871 the settlement of Světlov and in 1958 the settlement of Bílá Bříza became part of Štěpánkovice.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2002.