Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: slavkov |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 1647. The first written trace documenting existence of Slavkov dated back to 1224. The village was always included in the Episcopacy of Olomouc. The oldest building in the village is the chateau situated in the centre of the village. The chateau was rebuilt from an original fortress built in 1586. At present, the chateau is a Home of Charity. The village was always settled by Czech population.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2002.