Last modified: 2004-11-20 by
Keywords: prachatice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2001) - Kubova Huť, Prachatice district, South Bohemian region - adopted 25 Nov 2003
Description: "List tvoří zelený žerďový pruh, široký jednu třetinu délky listu, se žlutým květem prhy horské a bílé pole se zeleným smrkem s hnědým kmenem. Poměr šířky k délce listu je 2:3."
From that I gather that the yellow thingy at the hoist is a kind of mountain flower.
Kubova Huť is a mountain resort. It is situated about 10 km south of the town Vimperk. The local railway station is the highest one in the Czech Republic (995 m). It used to be a settlement with glassworks and its name means "Kuba's Glassworks". It was founded in 1728 by a hetman named Guba. German name: Kubohütten..
Jarig Bakker, 6 May 2004
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2001) - Nová Pec, :Prachatice district, South Bohemian region - adopted 27 Jun 2001. In Czech "pec" = oven, hence the flag is canting. It was founded as a settlement for timbermen in the 17th century (the first mention originates from 1686). It was a part of the domain of the castle town Český Krumlov. After the Second World War people were displaced from the village, which is situated near the Czech-Austrian border, and only a few inhabitants stayed here. The importance of the village grew after the completion of the Lipno Dam and new development came after 1989, when the borderland was open to the public.
Jan Zrzavy, 19 Nov 2002
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2002) - Svatá Maří, Prachatice district, South Bohemian region - adopted 9 Apr 2002.
Jarig Bakker, 5 Jun 2004
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2003) - Zbytiny, Prachatice district, South Bohemian Region - adopted 13 May 2003.
Beginnings of this country-sides settlement reaches down to 14th century. The first mention of Zbytinys existence comes from 1388. In 1395, after prolonged contentions with Vyšehrads capitule, the villages: Blažejovice, Koryto, Spálenec, Sviňovice and Zbytiny were given to the monastery in Zlatá Koruna.
From 15th to the beginning of 17th century these villages were a part of Rožmberks dominion, later they were in the property of the Emperor Rudolf II, Eggenbergs and then Schwarzenbergs. At the beginning of October 1938 they were occupied by the German army according to the Munich Treaty and joined to the Reich. Right after the liberation by the U. S. army in 1945 this area was given back to the Czech Republic.
In post-war period after the forced displacement of mainly German population the influx of new settlers began. The population, however, has descended with 320 people living permanently in the Zbytiny area nowadays. Many of former dwelling houses are used just for recreation now.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jun 2004