This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Jesenec, Czech Republic
Prostejov okres, Olomouc region
Last modified: 2004-05-29 by
Keywords: jesenec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 25 Apr 2004
adopted 7 Oct 2003
Jesenec municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí Čr (2003) - Jesenec, Prostějov district, Olomouc region - adopted 7 Oct 2003.
Jesenec is three kilometers from Konice on the south side of the castle Horka. Jesenec was given name after red ashes (jasany), the people's style "jeseny". Part of village from Konice is ©pice, the next part of village with train station is Měrotínek and part of village near Dzbel - Drahy. The village has 126 houses and 359 people, 88 of them live in house of pensioners. The church was built in 1710 by Giovanni Santini. The castle was built a year later in 1711, today is serving as house of pensioners. The first scriptural reference of Jesenec was 653 years ago. In 1890 the first train passed Jesenec, but a station was built in 1948. The electric lights was shone in 1927 and two years later was rung the first telephone. The news of local radio is broadcasting since 1950. In 1975 was built and inaugurated community house and in 1987 was built a fire arsenal. Jesenec has a local council and a post office. From Jesenec delicatessen meat products are exported. Jesenec has two shops, pub and a stud farm Murhof. The transport is assure trains and buses. We have educational pathway and forests full of fungi.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 25 Apr 2004
Jesenec CoA from this site.