This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Vladislav (Czech Republic)
Trebíc okres, Vysocina region
Last modified: 2004-07-03 by
Keywords: vladislav |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 27 Jun 2004
adopted 25 Nov 2003; design: Miroslav J. V. Pavlů
Vladislav municipality flagImage after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2003) - Vladislav, Třebíč district, Vysocina region - adopted 25 Nov 2003.
You can find this village on the south-west part on the South Moravia in the region Vysocina in the district Trebic. Vladislav is situated in the valley of the Jihlava river, 8 kilometres from the Trebic city. The village Vladislav has 2 connected villages Hostakov and Strizov. Vladislav is situated on both sides of the Jihlava river. Vladislav is with its villages Hostakov and Strizov 10th biggest village in the district Trebic. Population: 1223.
On the site of today's village Vladislav was a settlement Brod, which was established at the end of the 8sh century at the ford across the river Jihlava. This settlement belonged to Třebíč's church and was still very small in the 12th century. Brod's inhabitants lived by fishing and trading merchants that were walking along the trading path and had to cross the river here. In the 12th century a Romanesque church was built here. The settlement Brod was destroyed in 1304 during the attack of Hungarian army.
Today's name of this village - Vladislav is mentioned on the map in 1665 for the first time. There exists a legend about the origin of this name - people say that Vladislav, the son of the duke Oldřich, was born in the local pub. A painting depicting this event is displayed on a building in the center of Vladislav, but is in very poor condition. As a matter of fact Euro's are needed for the rebirth of prince Vladislav.
The settlement was given the right to run the fairs in 1548 and also became the seat of the court.
In 1945 Vladislav was freed from fascism by the Soviet army in 1945. The German army left here a huge amount of destroyed military equipment.
Information from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 27 Jun 2004
Vladislav CoA by Jarig Bakker, 27 Jun 2004, after image on this site.