Last modified: 2001-11-30 by
Keywords: kunovice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Kunovice (district Uherské Hradiště) upon small river Olsava in the very center of the ancient Great Moravian state, was first mentioned in 1196. The local castle, destroyed on King's order in 1315, was an important territorial administrative center. The development of the town was hampered by the foundation of the Royal City of Hradiště (today Uherské Hradiště) in the neighbourhood in 1257, where also part of the local population moved. In the years 1971-91 part of Uherske Hradiste. The new granted Community (since 1998 a town) Coat of Arms uses the simplified motive of Agnus Dei (Pascha lamb) from market town seal (c. 1600). The banner is plain white. The flag is a banner of arms.
Aleš Križan, 16 Dec 2000