This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Kunvald (Czech Republic)
Ústí nad Orlicí okres, Pardubice region
Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: kunvald |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 23 Jan 2004
adopted 4 Jun 1998
Kunvald municipality flagImage based on Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ÈR (1998) - Kunvald, Ústí nad Orlicí district, Pardubice region - adopted 4 Jun 1998.
Kunvald village (450m) in ®amberk Downy, spread along Horský potok (Mountain creek) north to ®amberk, first reported in 1363. In 1457 Brother Gregor established there the first residence of the Brotherly Unity (a sort of reformist church). House No.238 used to be a Czech Brothers Chapel, nearby smithery already perished. The lime tree by Divi¹ farmstead is one of the three trees embedded there in 1547 when the brotherly community had to expatriate for the first time. It is now 47 m high with a 7 m perimeter. A St. George church in the centre of a churchyard originates from 1606-1616.
Source: this webpage.
Jarig Bakker, 23 Jan 2004
Kunvald CoA from the Kunvald school.
Red dog casino