Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: jarcova |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
First historical mention is from year 1393. This year is considered for a year of village foundation. The village is situated on the left bank of river Becva in length 3 kilometres in south direction from town Valašske Meziříčí. The area of the village is 525 ha. The village is lying on acclivity of the most east promontory of Hostynske hill. There is standing alone 8-m high sand stone rock cylinder shape so called "Jarcovská kula" above the village on the crest of this hill. The village is competent to use municipal emblem and flag since 1993. The municipal symbols have been approved due to anniversary 600 year of village foundation. Emblem description: there is a plough on the halve escutcheon, horse head at the red field. The village has 730 inhabitants.
Information from the Jarcová website.
Jarig Bakker, 26 Mar 2002