Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: berlin | bezirk tempelhof | stadtbezirk tempelhof | tempelhof district | coat of arms (cross: red) | crown: mural (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 | stripes 1+3+1
by Jens Pattke, coat-of-arms by Gunnar Staack
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 3rd June 1957, abolished 31st December 2000
Coat-of-arms and flag officially adopted 3rd June 1957. Source: vectorial coat-of-arms image by Gunnar Staack. Flag and coat-of-arms were valid until 31st December 2000. The districts of Tempelhof and Schöneberg merged on 1st January 2001 into the new district Tempelhof-Schöneberg.
Jens Pattke, 18 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on June 3, 1957. The name of the district is derived from the Estate of the Templar knights until 1312. The cross is the symbol of the Knights of the Temple. As with all arms of the Berlin districts, a mural crown with a small shield with the arms of Berlin may be used.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 4 December 2001Mostbet