Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: berlin | bezirk wedding | stadtbezirk wedding | wedding district | coat of arms (wings: yellow) | coat of arms (vol: yellow) | coat of arms (arrow: yellow) | crown: mural (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 | stripes 1+3+1
by Jens Pattke, coat-of-arms by Gunnar Staack
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 7th February 1955, abolished 31st December 2000
Coat-of-arms and flag officially adopted 7th February 1955. Source: vectorial coat-of-arms image by Gunnar Staack. Flag and coat-of-arms were valid until 31st December 2000. The districts of Wedding, Tiergarten and Mitte merged on 1st January 2001 into the new district Mitte.
Jens Pattke, 26 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on February 7, 1955. The arms symbolise progress. The arms are based on the arms of the former Osterweddingen family, but it can not be ascertained that the family had any possessions or influence in Wedding. As with all arms of the Berlin districts, a mural crown with a small shield with the arms of Berlin may be used.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 20 December 2001Mostbet