Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: berlin | bezirk zehlendorf | stadtbezirk zehlendorf | zehlendorf district | coat of arms: tree (pine) | coat of arms: fess (chequy) | coat of arms: base (wavy) | coat of arms: base (coupeaux) | crown: mural (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 | stripes 1+3+1
by Jens Pattke, coat-of-arms by Gunnar Staack
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 3rd December 1956, abolished 31st December 2000
Coat-of-arms and flag officially adopted 3rd December 1956. Source: vectorial coat-of-arms image by Gunnar Staack. Flag and coat-of-arms were valid until 31st December 2000. The districts of Steglitz and Zehlendorf merged on 1st January 2001 into the new district Steglitz-Zehlendorf.
Jens Pattke, 14 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on December 3, 1956. The arms are based on the old arms of the Zehlendorf village. The chequered bar refers to the old Cistercian monastery in Lehnin, which owned most of the area. The pine tree is the historical symbol for this part of Brandenburg, whereas the waves and water lily-leaves symbolise the many lakes in the area. As with all arms of the Berlin districts, a mural crown with a small shield with the arms of Berlin may be used.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971 and Vogel 1987.
Santiago Dotor, 4 December 2001Red dog casino