Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: baden-württemberg | landkreis biberach | biberach county | coat of arms: parted per pale (eagle: demi) | coat of arms: parted per pale (crozier) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 20th January 1988, coat-of-arms adopted 4th March 1970
A vertical flag, divided red-yellow. Adopted 20.01.1988, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. There is a picture in this webpage. Arms are taken from Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website, original source of arms is Stadler 1964-1971.
Stefan Schwoon, 7 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on March 4, 1970, and confirmed on September 3, 1973. The Imperial eagle is derived from the arms of the city of Biberach, and symbolises the city as well as a number of former Imperial Estates in the district. The crosier is a symbol for the many possessions of some monasteries, such as the Salem Abbey, in the district prior to 1803.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971, Linder and Olzog 1996.
Santiago Dotor, 29 October 2001
by Santiago Dotor
Flag adopted 20th January 1988