Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: baden-württemberg | ludwigsburg county | landkreis ludwigsburg | coat of arms (antler: black) | coat of arms (eagle: black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 30th August 1974
Black-yellow with the arms. Source: Falko Schmidt, arms from Bardua 1987.
Stefan Schwoon, 21 March 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The old arms were granted on January 28, 1939. The arms show in the upper part the antler of Württemberg, as the largest part of the district historically belonged to Württemberg. The eagle is taken from the arms of the city of Markgröningen. The city was an imperial city and the city has the task to protect the Imperial Banner. This banner was later taken as arms by the city of Ludwigsburg, and the eagle was chosen here as an older symbol. The new arms were granted on August 30, 1974 after the addition of the district of Vaihingen. The only changes were the colours of the eagle.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972 [and H. Bardua, Die Kreis- und Gemeindewappen im Regierungsbezirk Stuttgart (County and Municipal Arms in the Stuttgart District), Theiss, Stuttgart, 1987].
Santiago Dotor, 7 March 2002
by Santiago Dotor