Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: baden-württemberg | ravensburg county | landkreis ravensburg | coat of arms (lion: yellow) | coat of arms (lion: rampant) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 24th November 1988, coat-of-arms adopted 18th February 1953
Yellow-blue with the arms. The lion is the lion of the Guelphs (Welfen) whose power originated in southern Swabia before they became dukes of Saxony and Bavaria. Sources: Falko Schmidt, arms from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 23 March 2001
Adopted 24.11.1988, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on February 18, 1953, and confirmed on January 20, 1975. The lion is the lion of the Welfen dynasty who owned several estates near Altdorf and Ravensburg. They also founded the monastery in Weingarten and the town of Ravensburg. The arms thus represent the arms of one of the first rulers in the area and do not include parts of the arms of later rulers.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 12 March 2002
by Santiago Dotor
Flag adopted 24th November 1988