Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: baden-württemberg | ulm | stadt ulm | banner of arms |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
A black-white bicolor, derived directly from the arms which are also black over white. Source: Staack 1997.
Stefan Schwoon, 3 March 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
Ulm was a free imperial city and thus used the imperial eagle on its seals. (...) The present arms are known since 1351. At first the eagle held a small shield with the arms, later the arms appear as a breast shield. Since the 17th century the eagle becomes less important and the arms regularly appear without the eagle. In 1803 the eagle was finally removed. The arms have not changed since.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971 and H. Bardua, Die Kreis- und Gemeindewappen im Regierungsbezirk Stuttgart, Theiss, Stuttgart, 1987.
Santiago Dotor, 10 January 2002Red dog casino