Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis aschaffenburg | aschaffenburg county | coat of arms: chief (leaves: oak) | coat of arms: per pale (wheel: white) | coat of arms: per pale (bend sinister: white) | coat of arms: per pale (annulets: blu |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1967, flag adopted 14 November 1974
Red-white-blue stripes, adopted 14.11.1974. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 8 October 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted in 1967 [and] are a combination of an element symbolising the nature of the Spessart region (oak leaves), the wheel of Mainz and the arms of the Lords of Mespelbrunn. The capital of the county was one of the major cities and strongholds of the prince-bishops of Mainz. The arms of the Lords of Mespelbrunn were added as the important bishop Julius of Würzburg (bishop from 1573-1617) belonged to this family.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 27 January 2004Mostbet Betwinner